The following issue’s effect all of us in one-way or another and need to be addressed at a Federal Level.
- The need for Federal intervention to force Coal Mines to treat they’re contaminated pit water before it’s pumped into our River’s.
- A holt to all Coal Seam Gas project’s until we have conclusive proof that the practice of ‘Fraking’ is safe and not detrimental to our under-ground water supply!
- Change the current Federal Legislation which determines how Child support payments are calculated they should be based on how much it actually costs to raise a child not on how much you earn!
- Urgent funding for the Bruce Highway including flood-proofing various sections through-out Capricornia.
- Legislate mandatory minimum sentencing for violent crime and repeat crime offenders,what we have now is not a deterrent and the amount of violent crime especially towards woman is unacceptable.
- Support Indigenous people who want to improve they’re Education and living standards resulting in more and better employment oppurtunities.
Hopefully you agree with the above and are as passionate about addressing these issue’s as I am!
Between now and the Federal Election you will have a good idea of what I am about and what has motivated me to stand for the seat of Capricornia,why I feel I am very capable of doing justice to the position if elected,and what is my motivation!
Many of you would be familiar with who I am and my association with Central Queensland/Capricornia since the early 80′s during which time I have worked for:
- Win T.V anchoring the evening news across Capricornia for 23 years.
- Presented Radio programs on both ABC-Capricornia and 4RO.
- written extensively for the Morning Bulletin Newspaper across Capricornia.
- Owned/operated several small businesses in Capricornia.
As you can see I am certainly no stranger to Capricornia at all.
I am very aware of the entire region it’s diversity and it’s needs an awareness which I feel is imperative if I or anyone for that matter is going to represent the people of Capricornia in a successful manner.
As you know we currently have a hung Parliament in a minority Government which in theory is really the ultimate as it allows for true Democracy and ensures true debate with outcomes which would in some cases not be possible in a majority ruled Parliament.
This current situation with Independents has demonstrated and proved beyond any doubt that Independent’s do have power they can achieve things of great importance but it’s how they use that power which is important and in this instance the current sitting independents have miss-used it unwisely and not in the best interests of the Country but rather in their own best interest and survival which is a shame as it leaves a sour taste in the mouths of many voters including mine.
Please do not to compare me with the like’s of Tony windsor, Rob Oakshot or wilkie from Tassie all of them have been monumental failures but as you know there are some excellent Independents currently in Federal and State Politics so it’s not all bad news on that front at all!
I am very interested to hear your thought’s on what I have to say and what you think is important so please let me know by leaving me a message via this blog which I will be up-dating daily or feel free to email me: email@example.com , I look forward to continuing the discussion here on a day to day basis as we head toward this very important election in the not to distant future.
There are so-many things we need to do and I am just the person to get the job done but I need your support the things I have mentioned at the top of the page are very important issue’s which have ramifications for not only all of us here and now but for generation’s to come so if you really care as I am sure you do about your families future health and prosperity then please give what I have to say some serious thought and consideration and hopefully your vote on Election Day!